Can you Chromecast Disney Plus?
Disney Plus adds yet another streaming option to the existing plethora! As Disney held off from making its content available on other services, Plus is a welcome addition. If you don’t have a smart TV, you might want to know can you Chromecast Disney Plus? Thankfully, yes!
Ask anyone what defined their childhood, and they’ll quickly mention a Disney film. The studio is behind family favourites such as Cars, Toy Story, and Sister Act. Disney is also the home of Pirates of the Caribbean, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Jungle Book.
There are two ways you can use your Chromecast to watch content from Disney Plus. You could use the Disney Plus app on your phone or the web player through the Chrome web browser on your computer. Let’s explore: Can you Chromecast Disney Plus?
Can you Chromecast Disney Plus?
Yes, Disney Plus works with Chromecast. So, you can connect a Chromecast device to your television and then stream TV shows and movies from your phone or web browser.
What you need to get started
Before you can use your Chromecast to watch all of your favourite Disney movies, there are a few things you need. You’ll need to subscribe to Disney Plus. We recommend paying for a year as it’s cheaper than the monthly package.
Next, open the Disney Plus app on your phone, tap the Chromecast icon, and select the Chromecast you want. If you’re using a PC, open Disney Plus in the Chrome Browser, then open the browser menu, select Cast, and choose your Chromecast.
How to watch Disney Plus with Chromecast using a phone or tablet
It’s easy to watch content from Disney Plus on your TV using a Chromecast and your phone or tablet as the source. First, you need to install the Disney Plus app on your device. The process is the same, whether you’re using an Android or iOS device.
Here’s how to connect Disney Plus to Chromecast with your phone or tablet:
- Connect and set up your Chromecast, ensure it’s connected to your home network
- Open the Disney Plus app on your phone or tablet, and tap the cast icon in the upper right corner
- Tap the Chromecast device you want to connect to
- When you select a TV show or movie to watch you will see Casting to (Chromecast device) in the upper left corner.
Stop casting Disney Plus to Chromecast from your phone or tablet
When you’re finished watching your movie or TV show, you can easily stop casting from the app to your Chromecast. Don’t worry, your movie or show will be available to continue watching on your phone or tablet, or you can pause it and come back later.
You can stop casting by:
- Tap the cast icon in the upper right corner of the app
- Tap STOP CASTING
- The Casting to (Chromecast device) text will be gone, indicating you are no longer casting.
Streaming Disney Plus on Chromecast using a computer
You might not want to cast from your phone to your TV, or don’t have a phone or tablet capable of casting. Don’t worry as you can always use your computer. You will need to install the Chrome web browser.
Here’s how to connect Disney Plus to Chromecast from your computer:
- Connect your Chromecast and set it up, ensure it’s connected to your network
- Navigate to Disneyplus.com using the Chrome web browser
- Click the menu icon (three vertical dots) in the upper right corner of the web browser
- Click Cast
- Click the Chromecast device you want to connect to
- When the TV icon next to your Chromecast changes to a bullseye icon, Disney Plus movies and shows you play in the web browser will be cast to your Chromecast.
Stop casting Disney Plus to Chromecast from a web browser
You can stop casting Disney Plus from your web browser at any point. When you stop casting, the movie or show will switch to playing in your web browser. You can continue watching there or pause it so you can return later.
Here’s how to stop casting to Chromecast from your web browser:
- Click the cast icon in the upper right corner
- Click Stop casting
- The movie or TV show will play in your browser, so close it or click pause if you don’t want to continue watching.
Why isn’t Disney Plus working on my Chromecast?
If you encounter this issue, it’s a good idea to log out of your Disney Plus account, and then log back in. Next, clear the cache on your device: go to Settings > Apps > Chromecast > Clear data > OK > Clear cache > OK and then restart your television.
Why does it say that Disney+ is not available on this Chromecast Device?
If you see this error when trying to connect Disney Plus to Chromecast, ensure your TV is on and the Chromecast device is connected.
Next, open the Google Home app and go to Chromecast > Settings to check for updates. You should find that after installing any available updates, the issues should be resolved.
What other streaming services are available on Chromecast?
- Google Play Movies
- Google TV
- Amazon Prime Video
- BBC iPlayer
- Now TV
- Apple TV Plus
What other devices can I watch Disney Plus on?
Disney Plus is available across many other devices and platforms, including Apple TV. You can also use other media streaming devices, such as Roku and Amazon Fire TV Sticks.
The Disney Plus app is available on both iOS and Android. You can download it onto most Smart TVs and gaming consoles like PS5 and Xbox Series S and X. Of course, you can also watch on your desktop.